Welcome to CQ INLAND PORT
Welcome to CQ Inland Port, a purpose built and shovel ready intermodal facility at Yamala, 25km east of Emerald in Central Queensland, Australia. CQ Inland Port is designed for the handling and where necessary, transfer freight from one transport mode to another. It will be a multi-functional; multi user facility that contributes to the effective transit of goods and materials and will provide for 24/7 operations.
The inland port envisages growth in trade volumes, industrial and support activities on site, servicing the surrounding agricultural catchment and facilitating bulk and containerised aggregation, intermodal transfers and efficient distribution.
A large range of services are possible at CQ Inland Port – transhipment of container and break bulk, warehousing and storage, including cold storage options, cleaning, repairs and inspections of containers, quarantine, pre-assembly, packing, unpacking, repacking and value adding.
Site plan Download PDF
CQ INLAND PORT – A SNAPSHOT
The CQ Inland Port is a regionally significant freight and logistics and industrial project near Emerald in Central Queensland. The project comprises:
- State of the art $18.5 million Graincorp bulk grain handling facility
- Intermodal and container terminal
- 56 Lot special industrial park providing for 24/7 operations for major industrial activities
- New road interchange and upgraded local roads
- New 1.6km rail siding
The CQ Inland Port is a game-changer for Central & Regional Queensland and will:
- Allow the movement of significant volumes of commodities through a road to rail intermodal and bulk commodity facilities connecting to major ports of Brisbane, Gladstone, Mackay and Townsville;
- Will drive greater utilisation of rail investment for enhanced and more efficient freight transport outcomes;
- Provide the infrastructure required for the movement or bulk and containerised freight from the site;
- Enable a platform for increased inter-modal container traﬃc and for the packing, storage and value adding activities across Resources & Agricultural sectors.
Features of the CQ Inland Port:
- Prime location - Access to Capricorn Hwy
- Adjacent to major freight rail
- Container terminal & bulk logistics
- 24 hour site access
The CQ Inland Port will be strategically placed to maximise the efficiency of grain exports from the Emerald region.
GrainCorp has aquired a 47Ha anchor site and wishes to construct a state-of-the-art grain handling facility in the development. A new GrainCorp site will provide a premium service to growers. The facility and the rail siding will contribute significantly to the region’s competitiveness in a highly contested global market and provide growers with savings from efficient supply chain costs.