Welcome to CQ INLAND PORT
CQ Inland Port is a purpose built 240ha industrial estate zoned special industry at Yamala, 25km east of Emerald in Central Queensland, Australia. Integral to the estate is a freight intermodal facility with direct access to Capricorn Highway and main western rail line.
The intermodal facility is designed for the handling and transfer of freight from one transport mode to another. It is a 24/7 multi-functional; multi user facility that ensures efficient transit of goods and materials imported & exported from the Central Highland region.
Other services available at CQ Inland Port – include transhipment of container and break bulk, warehousing and storage, including cold storage options, cleaning, repairs and inspections of containers, quarantine, pre-assembly, packing, unpacking, repacking and value adding.
Site plan Download PDF
CQ INLAND PORT – A SNAPSHOT
The CQ Inland Port is a regionally significant freight and logistics and industrial project near Emerald in Central Queensland. The project comprises:
- State of the art $18.5 million Graincorp bulk grain handling facility
- Intermodal and container terminal
- 57 Lot special industrial park providing for 24/7 operations for major industrial activities
- New road interchange and upgraded local roads
- New 1.6km rail siding
The CQ Inland Port is a game-changer for Central & Regional Queensland and will:
- Allow the movement of significant volumes of commodities through a road to rail intermodal and bulk commodity facilities connecting to major ports of Brisbane, Gladstone, Mackay and Townsville;
- Will drive greater utilisation of rail investment for enhanced and more efficient freight transport outcomes;
- Provide the infrastructure required for the movement or bulk and containerised freight from the site;
- Enable a platform for increased inter-modal container traﬃc and for the packing, storage and value adding activities across Resources & Agricultural sectors.
Features of the CQ Inland Port:
- Prime location - Type 1 Road Train Access to Capricorn Hwy
- Adjacent to major freight rail network
- Container terminal & bulk logistics
- 24 hour site access
- Options of 3 phase mains or renewable power
- Option of purchase or lease
- Existing sheds, caretakers residence, office complete with 250,000lt water tank and mains power on 7.5ha
The GrainCorp site is a state of the art grain handling and storgage site. Key features include 2 weighbridges, 400tph drive over hoppers and fast rail outload system.