Intermodal Freight Capabilities
CQ Inland Port has a ready for use intermodal facility with over 450m of direct line access and over 30,000m2 of hardstand with potential to expand as required.
The intermodal facility at CQ Inland Port has the following functionality:
- Multi-user facility;
- 20TAL direct access to main western line connecting with main North Coast line and western line to Winton;
- Approved for high-impact, 24/7 operations and is code accessible;
- Ability to improve supply chain efficiency and cost savings between key origins and destinations;
- Encourages greater utilisation of rail and increasing rail investment for freight transport outcomes;
- Facilitate high productivity vehicles including type 1 roadtrains for general access in addition to enhanced rail capacity;
- Enable a platform for increased intermodal container traffic and for the packing, storage and value adding activities across agriculture, livestock, resources and construction sectors;
- Provide a direct connection to sea freight markets and sea freight imports into the region;
Intermodal plan Download PDF
CQ Inland Port has been designed to facilitate not only the current GrainCorp requirements for 42 wagon trains, but also various options for expansion and third-party access – including upfront incorporation of dual track design, container storage and handling of 5,000 TEU in Stage 1, progressively increasing to 16,000 TEU by year 10.
Stage 1 (now complete) includes the establishment of the Intermodal Terminal adjacent to the rail siding, road infrastructure, and additional industrial lots.
- Siding useable length 1500m,
- 20 tonne axel load limit,
- Existing hardstand adjacent to rail line over 30,000m2,
- Rail formation level completed to allow siding to be replicated,
- Area available for future development of intermodal up to 30ha,
- Roadtrain (type 1) weighbridge (to be installed June 21),
- Office, carpark & amenities buildings (to be installed June 21),
- Undercover shed storage (to be installed June 21).